Today, anyone can create a website, but how much does it cost to design an active website that will grow your business and make your customers happy?
This guide lists the different types of projects, the associated budgets according to the type of service provider, as well as the additional costs to be expected. The goal is to show how to manage your budget when you want to create an effective and profitable website.
If you are interested in creating your own e-commerce store, check out our post on ‘How to choose the Best E-Commerce platform for startups’ post.
This first part presents the basic costs to be envisaged for the creation of a website and the factors that impact the budget and the quotes offered by the internet providers.
E-commerce, often tailor-made prices
The prices of e-commerce sites are dependent on many factors specific to the project. Which payment system will be integrated? How many products will be sold? The number of pages you want on your website?
The products you want to sell? What characteristics (colour, size, etc.)? Is your content ready or do you need someone to write it? The vast majority of e-commerce sites cost between S$3,500 and S$15,000.
Differences appear between a showcase site and an e-commerce site, here are the corresponding costs for this type of site.
- Domain name – about S$15/ year (US$12), go to NameCheap.
- Hosting – about S$200 to S$450 per year (depending on variables such as the number of products, pages and site traffic that we anticipate, e-commerce technology (Magento = fork and WooCommerce = low range) Get Siteground!
- Design, custom development, and database configuration – 45 hours or more depending on the number of pages, products, level of customization desired
- Maintenance of the site: about S$3000 / year (depending on the number of updates and the level of product management required, etc.)
- Marketing and promoting your e-commerce site online – the price depends on marketing budget
The key elements that determine the costs of an e-Commerce site
- Is this a new e-commerce site or is it a redesign and reworking project?
- How many pages?
- How many products?
- Will some products have several variations? According to colour, size, etc.?
- If so, will these variations change the price?
- Will you provide all the content or will you need help with content creation?
- Will you have any images of products and illustrations on the site?
- Do you already have a server hosting the domain or does the provider have to support this?
- Have you reserved the domain name or do you need help with the domain registration?
- Do you want to use PayPal only, or do you want to use another secure payment solution?
- Do you already have a list of your products, pricing and descriptive information organized in a spreadsheet?
- Would you like to have an integrated blog within your e-commerce site?
- Do you want a responsive site? (readable on all devices such as Smartphone, tablets, desktops, etc.? (difficult to do without today …)
- Do you need other specific services regarding social networks or advanced SEO?
The price range for a simple e-commerce site
The information above is the price range and element of an e-commerce website. We would love to hear your contribution, what do you think we can help you with or the part of e-commerce pricing you don’t understand. You can reach out to us or share your thoughts with us!